The Wedell Williams No.44 air racer (to give it its correct title) was one of the stars of the US racing circuit in the early 1930s. Roscoe Turner's Gilmore Special was the third Model 44 present at the 1932 races, trimmed in red with the Gilmore Oil Company logos and race number 121 displayed on the the fuselage. Turner placed 3rd in the Bendix and Shell Dash races but returned in 1933 with a re-engined '44 to win both.
He went on to win many more and establish the aircraft as an all-time classic, and Seagull's new Gilmore Red Lion 33cc perfectly captures the machine's style and panache.
It's for your 33cc petrol or glow engine and electric power is also an option. There's a large top hatch, so maintenance and battery changes at the field are simple and convenient, while the two-piece plug-in wing means transportation and storage won't be a problem.
With Seagull's Gilmore Red Lion you'll certainly cut a dash at the flying field!
- Approx flying weight - 15.5lbs (7kg)
- Covered in genuine Oracover
- Factory painted fibre glass cowl with dummy radial engine
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight pilot figure
- Top hatch allows easy access to radio gear and for battery changing (electric power option)
- Accurate scale outline
- Two-piece plug-in wing for easy transportation
- All hardware included with engine mount, fuel tank etc.
- Electric motor stand-off included
- For experienced pilots
- Profiled fin and stabiliser enhances scale appearance and flying characteristics
- Wingspan - 74in (1880mm)
- Length - 60.9in (1548mm)
- Wing area - 945.5sq.in.
- Engine required - 33cc petrol, glow or electric equivalent
What's in the box
- Airframe covered in genuine Oracover
- Full hardware package including engine mount, fuel tank etc.
- Illustrated step-by-step instruction manual
- Large decal sheet with the 'Red Lion' racing scheme trim
- Electric conversion kit with adjustable motor stand-off
- Factory painted fibre glass cowl, spats and undercarriage fairings
- Factory finished, laser-cut balsa and ply model
Needed to complete
- 33cc petrol or glow engine (or electric equivalent)
- 6 x high-powered servos (5 for electric version)
- Receiver and batteries
- Basic tools and glues
Please Note: Seagull kits can be sent to UK mainland addresses only